Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weather, weather, weather, why don't you give me a break?

Guest post by Gilles:
Picture taken last May - but we can get snow any day now
As an ultra marathoner, the weather forecast is something I always pay close attention too. When running  100 miles over 30 some hours, the weather play a critical factor. Mostly the heat is an issue, except for Coyote 2 Moon this spring where, on the ridge, we were greeted by snow falling horizontally and the race was almost called off. But never in my life have I ever been some anxious about the weather and never have I ever been so frustrated by it. It has not been an easy fall for house construction in Sutton. Lost so many working days to rain, record rain. And the now the winter is closing in. Hopefully by the end of next week, supported by Luis cooking, I will have a roof and the windows will be in place. A least the winter tires are on.

3 comments:

  1. Weather: you don't fight it. You live with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you'd be used to rain by now. :) But even if you get an early snowfall, I'm sure you have many more days of dry-ish weather before it freezes for the winter. Be encouraged -- you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, just think of it as the 50 mile mark. Keep on truckin! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete