Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The key to happiness

Two days ago, Gilles handed me the key to our new house. It did not seem to matter that the door was not even in place or that the house is not even near livable. Yet, it was so exciting. It feels like it is becoming more and more of a reality.

Today, I went to the constriction site for the afternoon. I spent a good deal of time tidying up the place. Lots of saw dust and window packaging. It is now clean and tidy until Gilles gets working on more stuff and messing things up. Gilles spent most of his time sealing the doors and windows so we can stay nice and warm throughout the window.

We are really looking forward to the next few days since the forecast shows that it will be sunny and relatively warm. Lots to get done. Gilles is hoping to get a bit more work on the siding, finish up the windows. I will spend the next few days on administrative household things including getting winter tires on the GTI, finishing my resume in french and trying to fit in a little quilting.

Tuesday was quite productive. I spent the day with Sara and Ghislaine looking for appliances and checking out Ikea's kitchen cabinet options.  The good news is that we now know which appliances we want. We will officially order them on Friday. I wanted to make sure that Gilles had a say in the matter. The price was excellent! I am so excited to be getting such nice appliances with such a nice kitchen. A real dream come true.

For more pics check out the link

Even the shed has a roof now

2 comments:

  1. The place is coming along nicely, can't wait to have a bit of a visit, just not sure when...thanks for keeping up your blog, it's nice to compare country lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting, Lucinda! I am really enjoying following the progress on your house, and I can't WAIT to see the new kitchen appliances.

    ReplyDelete