Thursday, March 17, 2011

On capote!!

Yes, the best expression that I have found to express how I am felling right now is the quebecois expression: "on capote!" Basically, it can be translated as "I am so excited that I am freaking out!"

The reason for this Quebecois state of being is the installation of our new kitchen cabinets and bathroom linen closet and  vanity. For starters, it looks magnificent. It is even more beautiful than in my dreams. It also marks a key turning point in the whole construction.

Bathroom linen closet


Bathroom vanity, tub and linen closet

laundry hamper integrated in the linen closet
 Now, down to the kitchen. I promised Gilles, I would supply him all the Maple syrup he would ever want. So far it has fueled the construction of our dream home and there is no need for that to stop now. We have begun to have cold nights and warm days which means that the maple sap is flowing. At work today, a client said "ça coule" which literally means, "it flows". So, to celebrate, I bought Gilles some of the best and freshest maple syrup to help us achieve the finishing touches. Below is just a sample of some  of the special treat.....

Enjoy the pictures below to get a full sense of the kitchen. Tomorrow, they will come measure for the quartz countertops. Next week, the electrician will come and finalize his stuff. Then, the plumber will do the same. Before you know, we will be moving in. So much excitement, it is hard to contain ourselves....

Maple syrup cans

Kitchen view

View from the kitchen to the living room

View of all the drawers in the kitchen

View of the island and the kitchen

2 fools admiring the view after a hard day's work

More on  the maple syrup

View of the pantry






Living and dining room

Trash and recycling fully integrated

7 comments:

  1. Truely spectacular! And I love the paint can art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! And the maple syrup makes my mouth water! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous, and I'm lusting after your drawer space! We're all out of maple syrup by the way. Keep sending pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I showed John the pictures, and his only comment was that Gilles better start running again. I guess you have to make allowance for the fact that he's a man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you have so many cupboards, if not you might only have room for maple syrup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful - I am in love with your pantry (and all of that maple syrup)! Chad says to tell you that we are at Chuckanut this morning and that we miss you!

    ReplyDelete