Sunday, July 4, 2010

A heavy heart and a lump in my throat

Well, today was Chulita and our last Wagawalk. We go every Sunday morning on a walk with all of her buddies. I think the record of number of dogs is 15 on the Wagawalk. I am not sure how many there were today, but the usual suspects were there for sure minus a few that slept in.

Chulita and her gang had a blast. We went to McDonald Beach near the airport. It is a nice walk with lots of fun at the beach in the middle of the walk.
 

Surprisingly, on the walk back to the cars, I started to feel teary eyed and had a lump in my throat. I was thinking of all the great times we had on our walks and how this was more than just a dog walk.  What an interesting, eclectic group of dogs and people. All so different and from so many different backgrounds. Yet, each so interesting and fun to be around. I am thankful I have met each of you and hope to stay in touch as our travels take us back East.

I know for sure that Chulita would love to have any and all of her Wagababa friends come visit her in Quebec.



 A few of her best furry friends:
  • Toby, Zeus, Miel
  • Clay, Bronco
  • Fern and Lola, see you in Halifax :)
  • Hugo, who came and got dirty with Chulita
  • Zoey, Chulita's favorite buddy on Sunday mornings when we go to Starbucks
  • Linda and Cocoa despite the fact that they overslept and did not come say goodbye
  • Baxter, despite the fact that he is not always as eager to play
  • Maximus
  • Junior
  • Ronin
  • and many many more


More Wagawalk Pictures 

So, the goodbyes are coming to an end, just a few more and then it will be all about the big Road Trip.

2 comments:

  1. We'll miss you as well! Hugs from Jen, Fern & Lola!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I took Cranmer and Maagie for their last walk with their daschund pal Lilly, whose mom was my guys' dog sitter. It was a really emotional part of moving from Vancouver for sure!

    ReplyDelete