Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Prodigal Son returns to Quebec, Wife and dog in tow

After 15 glorious years in Vancouver, Gilles and I have decided that the time has come to move to Quebec and be closer to our families. Last fall, we bought 5 acres of land in Sutton, Quebec which is located in the Eastern Townships. We plan on building our dream home. Gilles has been working feverishly on the design, the thickness of the walls for maximum insulation, etc.

From a professional point of view, I had a hard time with our decision because I love my job and the company I work for. I spoke with them of our plans a few weeks ago and they were terrific. While they are saddened that I am leaving Vancouver, they decided to work with me to see if we could keep working together. So, I am now pleased to say that I will be opening the new Quebec office. I will mostly work from home but travel to Montreal to meet with clients as needed.

Gilles will be heading to Quebec the first week of June to work on getting the permits approved and decide where the house will actually go. I was just there and had a chance to rent the house where we will live and get the phone and internet booked.

For all the Chulita fans out there, you will be happy to know that we have been taking her on the trails to get used to her new country life. She loves the trails and goes wild. My sister in law, Sara, has a Westie that is eager to teach her how to chase squirrels and how to play in the creeks. She will of course need a dose of city life from time to time so that people can tell her how cute she is.

Feel free to follow our adventures as we move back East, build our house, and become “Des Paysans” on our new blog www.oursuttonlife.blogspot
.com More posts will come now that we prepare for our adventure.

We feel very blessed to have so much support from friends, family and the whole gang at Offsetters.

No comments:

Post a Comment